Days

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 00:15:51 -0500

> I can't top that for noise but I had to tune for Kenny Logins while the
> drummer practiced -- as if he didn't already know the part.  It least I
could
> get in a note now and then.
>
> Alan Meyer
> Las Vegas

That's when you ask the keyboard roadie, "Say, will there be enough time to
finish tuning when he is through?"  or simply "Hey, when is he gonna be
through?"   Or you can  just play along with the "soundcheck".  That gives
the impression you are testing out the piano and at the same time they can
do the sound check on the piano at least back at the house board.  If they
want to do a monitor check you MUST have ear protection. Never go to an
amplified music venue without a paper towel in your pocket even if you think
you have proper hearing protection.  A piece of that chewed up is the best I
guard I have used.   Anyhow a few fond memories are of full band sound
checks going on while I was supposed to be tuning.  It seems the keyboard
player has an excuse not to show up, like why bother if they can use the
piano tuner?    ---ricarockin