Schaff buys American Piano Supply

Michel Lachance michel_lachance@hotmail.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:19:47 EDT

I didn't have such luck with Apsco I guess.  I regularly had "back ordered"
items which were never sent anyway unless I reordered them.  I also have had
an order that was put on a shelf for a month (until I called them in fact)
because there was something they didn't understand on it (no way they would
have called me...).

Here another one that top it all:  I had bought a Jaras 4-in-1 regulating
rack from Apsco.  One of the post broke right at the bottom of the thread so
it needed a replacement part to be usable.  "Just send the part and we will
get you a replacement" I was told over the phone.  So I sent the part with
my next order and had a written note on the invoice mentionning that the
part was "back ordered".  By experience, this was no good news at all...

Two years later (!!!), I called them in order to know what the heck was
going on.  "Well, you're right, I see my own writing on the note.  Don't
worry, we will proceed immediately".

One year later (!!!), I walked up toward their booth during a convention and
explained the whole thing.  Then the guy admitted, with some embarassement,
that they bought their Jaras 4-in-1 racks ...from SCHAFF, and that they
could not help me with my request...

I immediately headed toward Schaff's booth.  The guy only spent about 30
seconds writing something on the back of my business card and a week later,
the replacement part had already made its way to Canada!

Apsco may have the best prices in the trade, but I wouldn't say they provide
the best service (all my orders were prepaid by the way).

Michel Lachance, RPT