Prison labor/Ain't life complex OT

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 01:43:39 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: J Patrick Draine <draine@mediaone.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2001 7:54 AM
Subject: OT: Prison labor/Ain't life complex

> Well I know we were all hoping to put this off topic to bed, but
> today's Boston Globe has a feature story on "Captive Commerce." No,
> they're not writing about laogai in China, but the Billerica House
of
> Correction (and other prisons across the state).  Mattresses,
> pillows, and laundry bags are being stitched by convicts just a few
> miles from me, for which the inmates get paid $3.75 a day.And over
in
> Framingham they're making US flags (tiny ones up to 10 by 12 -foot
> ones).
>
> Patrick Draine
> Billerica, MA

That's nuttin.  Today on TV I saw where someone ordered 4 million
black berets for the army and some were made in China.  And was it the
same show that reported that for the thousand'th time considerateions
are being made sell more arms to Tiawan to stand off  the evil empire
whom we buy head dresses for our armed forces from.   I don't know
about complex, but it sure is strange.