Shimming loose tuning pins

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:46:56 -0700

List,=20
FYI, I have found the best material to shim loose tuning pins with, is =
walnut veneer. The type that does NOT have a backing on it, just raw =
walnut. A strip approx. 3/16" to 1/4" wide and the total length of the =
drilled p.b. hole. Screw the t.p. back in, don't drive it. The use of CA =
glue has proven to be a viable alternative. Although, I personally have =
not used it, I have heard good reports about it. My only problem with =
it, is that CA does break down after a period of time, (this info comes =
from the Hobby Shop industry). It certainly is better than the olde "Pin =
Dope" of years past.
Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)