I got the Bureaucracy Blues

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:29:11 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/2001 7:03:47 PM, Rob wrote:

<<"Although we are NOT employees
but rather subcontractors, they say we should have been paying some sort
of workers comp this past year to the dealer.  Unless we can prove
otherwise they are going to stiff each of us with a $600.00 bill!  I
have never heard of such a thing.">>

Rob;
 The IRS does not get involved in or collect monies due any Workmans Comp
plan.
The individual states do though and perhaps this was a 'state' audit. Is that
correct? If so and you have your own private insurance, i.e.,
health/disability policies than the state can't force you to
participate.......otherwise perhaps they can. DO NOT insist on your rights
based on my comments though :-)....check with your own insurance person/Co.
Jim Bryant (FL)