Cracks in pin block

Ralph & Frances Thorn pianoralph@sympatico.ca
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:19:11 -0400

Regarding repairs to pin block with epoxy, I have had some experience
with slow setting epoxy, veneering the top of open pin blocks.  If
epoxy gets in contact with the pins though, expect trouble - there'll
be some snap crackle and pop.  Epoxy can really do wonders in many
applications where penetration or saturation is beneficial.   I've
been tempted to flip a grand onto its top and attempt an epoxy repair
to the underside of a block, but haven't yet.

Ralph Thorn
London, Ontario CA