ok, I give up

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 09:23:38 -0400

At 11:35 PM 04/13/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Mailing List,
>
>I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area. My bet is that there is no one here to
>help me.
>
>I can play pieces of the highest caliber for you to show you that I'm
>serious. (Beethoven op. 110, Ginastera, Chopin concerto no. 1)
>
>Andrew

I'm guessing here, but is part of your problem with the action being not
as responsive as you would like due to the fact that you filed and spaced the
hammers yourself with the Reblitz book 'on your lap'?

I've seem some botched work done by well intentioned owners, as well as
tooners.  One must know the overall picture in order to deliver results in an
effective manner. Piano technology is not a DIY proposition, otherwise you
could
buy hammers and bass strings at Home Depot.

Would you tear into the engine of your Cadillac because you wanted to spare
the expense of a mechanic?  Your Steinway is no different.  There was a quote
floating around a few years ago: A piano is only as good as the care it
receives.

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.