Threads, loose threads

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 16:59:48 EDT

Greetings,
    So,  the package of 7/32" agraffes arrived from the Steinway factory, and
I began fitting them.  These threads are much looser than the old ones that I
took out. It is a 1920 model M, and I wonder if anybody else out there that
replaces a lot of agraffes can tell me if these things are going to pull out
of the plate under tension?  They wobble all the way down the hole.
Thanks,
Ed Foote
(I will be posting an errata sheet for the "6 degrees CD", there are some
mistakes in the printing that we will change as soon as possible.  However,
the Meantone Mozart track is NOT #13, it is # 11 ! )