I got the Bureaucracy Blues

marty reyburn marty@reyburn.com
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 18:32:37 -0400

Hello everyone ;)

Just as a point of information, it's a VERY good idea to shop around for the
best price on Workman's Compensation insurance... that's what it is,
anyway... insurance.  There's lots of agencies that provide WC policies, and
the premiums are based on your income.     You can buy into a state-wide
"pool" of insurance which, here in Michigan, was more expensive when we
investigated that option ( mostly cause it was provided to high-risk
insurees who couldn't get WC elsewhere).

We found that an independent insurance agency was able to provide the best
rate for us.   It sure doesn't hurt to evaluate the policy every few years
to see if somewhere else could provide it cheaper.  Also, (and I'm pretty
sure I'm correct on this)  all the WC policies have to be the same...
there's no difference state-wide... the only difference is the cost of the
premium and whether you've submitted claims on your policy.

A thought... it may have something to do with your form of business.  It
might be that private ownership businesses might not have to have WC and
corporations do... depends on your state's law.

enjoy your day tomorrow and remember why we celebrate it ;)

Marty Reyburn