Warranty dilemma

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:29:18 -0400

HI Mark -

Tough situation for us techs.  I also try to represent the client first,
but it's not always black and white, is it?  I think you are right on
track when you say you plan to have the customer take the lead in trying
to get a remedy from either the dealer or Baldwin.   You can be the tech
whose phone number gets passed to Baldwin upon their request for further
information.   I like to think of our role as that of a consultant, not a
warrior.

That being said:  I guess I feel like Terry does....if Baldwin plans on
selling pianos in Ohio, they need to build pianos that will withstand a
typical household in Ohio.  I agree that full climate control systems
*that are maintained* are good for pianos, but I don't recall that being
a requirement of the Baldwin warranty.  Wildly ranging torque values in a
piano this young is at least to some degree poor workmanship.

Happy Easter to you and Marilyn!

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com