Rosler Vertical

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:03:57 +0200

Røsler pianos have been for years basically identical to Petrof and
Weinbach. Same folks, same plate, same manufacturing processes, same
place.

If this is an upright I'd rip up the felt covering the pinblock and
have a look at the pin block lamination, and how it looks fitted to
the plate. Check the tunning pin tightness as well, and check for
falsness... in fact give it a tuning to get a general feel for it.
Look for action problems... hammers that dont hit square when you
play a little hard.. grin...try changing a centerpin or two.. they
use this really soft felt literally everywhere in the action and
keybed.

I personally am always carefull around Czech pianos. Regardless of
their reputation for a nice round sound.

JMV

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.