Soundboard Springs. Long.

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 06:32:20 -0400

Dear Del and List,

Sometimes we have to step outside of the envelope to get some fresh air and new
ideas.  When something is removable, reversible or non destructive and gives some
life to a dead beast what is the problem?

I know of a ten year old Knabe in a sanctuary with a bridge that is below the string
line and is canted toward the keys.  As I see it there are two choices, replace the
board or jack it up with springs.  Replacing the board is not an option for the
church.  Springs may, or may not, reduce the ugly sounds coming from a bridge that
pulls the strings down to it's level.

Warranty issues are more dead than the tone.

If there is another option I would love to know about it.

		Newton