Korean Unison Stability

Iñaki Coello coello@pianored.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 04:36:26 -0700

>From: "Mitch Ruth" <mitch_ruth@hotmail.com>
>To: pianotech@ptg.org
>Subject: Korean Unison Stability
>Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:03:05 -0400
>
>Hi List,
>
>I'm at work listening to our students practice for an upcoming recital on
>our Kohler and Campbell SKG600S (Samik I guess...).  This piano is making me
>crazy in that I have to touch up the unisons on it about once every week or
>so.  I'm not sure if it is me "living" so close to the piano or if it is the
>fact that all the tri-chords are tied off at the hitch pin individually.
>Anybody have any insight?  Maybe my pin setting needs work...
>
>Mitch Ruth
>DeMossville, KY
>www.childrensmusicassociation.com
>
>PS The piano is a loaner from a local dealer, either I'll sell it to someone
>or they will before I get another.
I found the same problem in some Kawai pianos, in the RX series of grands. They were sold to a Conservatory, and some of them (not all) has the worst tuning stability in the world. Kawai pianos are not bad, in my opinion, but in the RX serie they tried to save money so the materials are worst: this means poor sound (very damped) in the treble section and they go out of tune each 15 daysñ.
(Please, note I´m not saying Kawai Pianos are bad. I´ve got a kawai upright studio: is just some of the RX serie that are not so good, at less the ones that arrived to Spain)
I´m afraid, there is no solution but change the piano. Maybe Samick must send a man to inspect the piano and determine if is a manufacturoing problem, as Kawai did and change some of the RX pianos sending them back to Japan.
Greetings
Iñaki Coello Gómez
Valladolid.Spain

Pianos en la Red?  ->  http://www.pianored.com