CFS

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:34:13 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/2001 6:24:33 AM Central Daylight Time,
nhunt@optonline.net writes:

<< There was a serious problem of tuning pin crowding at the bottom of the
middle
 section and when I went to string that section I could not turn the pins
without
 using a thinned tuning tip. >>

Newton, I had the same problem which I solved by grinding out the plate
flange into three pretty little slots for the tuning tip. But, boy, I was
miffed. I don't recall noting that there was a clearance problem (issue) when
I unstrung the piano, and the angle I drilled at (4 degrees) didn't seem
excessive. Oh well.
PR-J