Associate to associate

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 00:47:54 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: jolly roger <baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: Associate to associate

|    Another personal note,  I will for ever be a student in this
business.
| RPT should mean no more or no less than you are serious about
studying
| piano technology.   ........the
| exam, | ........Not one
| question or exam standard on voicing. A craftsman that does not have
| know about intonation, tonal balance, or phasing.  mmmmmmmm  Now
that's
| food for thought.

Egads, I got a lot to learn.  Not only does it serve to have piano
playing skills, now you give good reasons for playing other
instruments.   I remember my piano teacher talking about phasing.
Those long curved lines in sheet music.... that's is about all I
understood what she was trying to say.  "This is a phrase (pointing to
the music) and this is the phrase (playing it) and I sat there with
duh on my face.  That was at 15.   Maybe now I am ready for another
lesson.   I do remember a lot from the few lessons since then.
(perhaps because I had to pay instead of my parents)  ; )   Ha, maybe
it is not so important for a  tech to play at least on the
intermediate level, but rather take lessons.   ---ric