Rebuilding/Non-Profit/Funding

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:23:36

Hi, Terry!

   Although I haven't tackled that size of fund raising you're after, I
think the same type of thinking applies.

   First off, I believe you have a wonderful cause, here!  You need to look
at the situation and really amplify the benefits of this - get a few ideas,
examples, and slogans, that can rally people.

   Look out into the community to see who might have some connection with
this group and facility.  There have no doubt been some people affected by
this, or perhaps people who would benefit from this situation/venue being
improved.

   Lastly, look at the possibilities ( as in Robert Schuler's writing).  You
could find one person who would donate $50K, or two people to each give
$25K,  possibly 10 people to donate $5K each.  And so on.  My experience has
been to think big and ask big.  Be sure to give positives that the potential
donors can appreciate.

   Hope your group is pleasantly surprised!

Sincerely,
Tom Dickson