Cost of Fear(was prices)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:04:41 EDT

In a message dated 31/07/01 10:35:19 PM, jurjens@tpg.com.au writes:

<< The interesting thing about our job is that it is easier for us to work on
a $25,000 grand than an old clapper. Therefore
should it be worth more to us to work on the old clapper than the new grand?

Just my thoughts....
SWJ >>

Hmmm............ without regard methoinks to quality of instrument we receive
that which we expect to. If we charge 15 dollars to tune a piano then we get
what we are worth. Since we (the collective we) set our prices in regard to
what we want/need/require if we don't charge enough for our labor we have no
one to blame but ourselves.
 We shouldn't complain about the prices we charge, if we don't like them we
should change them...the market will tell us right away if we have gone too
far. :-)
 While money is a requirement of our trade/ it doesn't needfully play the
'largest' part...does it? If it did wouldn't most of us be in a different
business?
 Part of what we do worst is taking care 'of' our business because we are so
tied up in taking care of 'business'. If we took as much pain with our
business as we do with a customers piano business we all would be better
off...to the degree that this applies to us all as individuals.
 In short don't complain about low prices...raise them............ if you
think you are worth it. :-)
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)