Cost of Fear(was prices)

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:36:01 EDT

In a message dated 08/01/2001 11:32:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
drose@dlcwest.com writes:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Silent tuning is a pre tuning done before a major pitch correction. Simply
> turn the *last* pin of each unision before you ever start tuning. Try it.
> You will like it. Therefore it is charged as a part pitch correction.
> Sometimes in the killer octave area I do 2 pins per note.

Well Don, what I was thinking of is an inside joke here in my parts.  There
was a local tuner of dubious integrity who went to a tuning appointment but
when he got there the lady of the house informed him her husband was sick and
napping.  He said that was OK he could do a "silent tuning,"  He went into
the room with the piano, closed the door with orders not to be disturbed for
1 1/2 hours (our guess is that he took a nap) came out with out even hitting
1 note, collected his fee and went on down the road.

Dave Koelzer