current upright stringing scales?

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:48:40 -0700 (PDT)

My curiosity has been getting the better of me.  I've
noticed that many upright pianos (even as tall as 52")
made these days have wound strings above C below
middle C.  Do you guys know of any good uprights that
have plain strings at least an octave below Middle C?
Also, what are the stringing scales on several
different uprights, like the Baldwin 6000, Baldwin 48"
Vertical (forget Model #), Baldwin 243HP 45" Hamilton,
Yamaha U5, U3, U1, Kawai 52", Young Chang or
Pramberger 48" and up, Steinway K52 -- is it still
notes 1 - 10 single string, 11 to 26 double string
wound in bass, then 27 - 88 plain in treble? ,
Bosendorfer 52" upright, Fandrich 48", Astin-Weight
50", and any other common / well-known / good brands
of 48" and larger uprights?