labor rates

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 07:27:50 -0400

Kallie,

I have the impression that tuning a piano in less than an hour, while maybe not
the norm, is fairly common.  I think at least two things help to make this
possible.  First, lots of experience.  I don't need to keep second-guessing
myself.  Second, an eye toward efficiency, which relates in a very direct way to
the first thing.

I should add that the tunings I do in 45-60 minutes are on pianos I already
serviced at least once.  And don't assume 45 minutes means from the time I walk
in the door until I walk out.  It takes a little time to chat with the client,
write out the invoice, get paid, etc.  When no one is there to talk to, there
may indeed be a few occasions when I am in and out of the house in 45 minutes.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA

Kallie Swanepoel wrote: