Baldwin R spec.

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:21:19 -0500

>But... but... John.  I thought you Canadiens knew all about metric.
>Bi-long-ual and all that. ;-}
>
>4 27/64" ~ 112.3mm - close enough for me to start trying to reregulate.
>
>Thanks.

Hi Conrad,
                 hard to teach some of us old dogs new tricks. But the
government is still working on land measurements 20yrs later.
Our founding Fathers divided the land up in 1 square mile sections for
farming development. 640acre plots.   Common usage, It is referred to as a
section.  160 acres as a quarter.   Every one knows what is being talked
about.  But the bureaucrats are not happy, so millions is being spent to
try and get people to talk in terms of hectares.  A recent TV interviewer
asked one of the bright lights, how large was a hetare in terms of Imperial
measurement?   His reply has to qualify as a prize winner for Gobbly Gook,
and double speak.
They even tried to stop an English Pub from selling pints of beer.   The
owner sued the goverment for Ethnic Persecution and won.  ( One for the
liitle guy for  a change)  Not satisfied, they then tried to stop glass
manufacturers from making pint glasses. Again they lost.  I wonder what
comes next?  Hell it's our money they are spending.

Pints and miles will do for my life time.
Roger