twilight zone

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 20:31:40 -0700

You know, my cable modem activity light gets frenetic a lot of the time,
too, even when I have no software open which should be using it.

Geeks all, is this normal? What's happening?

I need a firewall! Any current information on which one I should try?
And will a firewall keep some hacker from getting into personal data
when I post to a message board? Someone did, recently. Very unsettling,
for sure!

I turn off the cable modem when I'm not actively using it.

 From the very time I started reading pianotech, I've noticed that my
posts are delayed getting back to me. Often someone has answered before
my own posts arrive in the In Box.

Certain people's posts tend to show up in duplicate, but not very many
people or very often. Used to be more, I think.

All these little electrons! Sneaky little critters, fast as lightning,
will go anywhere, do anything, whether or not you want them to ...

Susan