plastic flanges

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:40:52 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/01 6:19:36 PM Central Daylight Time, Tvak@AOL.COM
writes:

> I have a piano which I am planning to sell. which has plastic flanges
>  Must I replace all the flanges if I want to
sleep at
> night after selling this piano?
>
> Tom Sivak

YES. Trying to replace only the few flanges that are broken is only fixing a
few of the problems. I would recommend you send one of each of the parts to
Schaff, damper flange and lever, wippen, hammer flange, and ask them to
replace them with wooden parts. It won't take that long to replace all the
parts, and in the long run, it will be a lot cheaper. (Make a judgment call
if you should also replace the hammers. If you do want to do that, then go
all the way, and replace the hammer, the shank, butt and flange. It's easier
to replace the whole thing, than to remove the hammer from the shank, and
replace the flange from the butt.) Also, on the wippen, are the jack and the
back check plastic, as well as the flange? If so, replace the whole thing.

Good luck.

Willem