Restoring old uprights

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:31:28 -0700 (PDT)

Question -- what do you guys think of restoring Ricca
& Son pianos?  I have one and i was wondering if you
guys know if it was a good brand, or a junkie or what
was it?  My piano needs some action work and new
strings & tuning pins.  I think the pinblock is fine
-- has 2/0 pins and the pins are fairy uniformly
slightly loose -- probably would use 4/0.  I don't
know if the soundboard is cracked or not and the bass
bridge is somewhat cracked.