a possible explanation of the virgil effect?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 06:33:18 -0500

Hi Don,
              Take a close look at the position of the ribs, wrt to the
coupling effect and  each note,   Things tend to look less random.   I have
only measured the effects on two pianos, but I am starting to think that
the mechanical reactance of the board may have some thing to do with the
coupling effect.

Roger