Discussion among Peers (was: Lighten Touch)

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:30:15

Hello, All!

  I have to agree with Terry on this one.

  My experience is limited.  I have all of the Potter material to fall back
on.  I also have the Reiblitz books, Jorgensen's book, etc.  These fellows
have put out some very specific information.  I work with their stuff to try
to understand the intent and requirements of piano work.  In most cases, it
works well, just as my own observations in certain situations have served me
well.

  When people post questions to this list, it may very well be that they
have a procedure / solution in mind.  They are just simply asking the list
if there are other ideas, newer ideas, or better ideas with which to work.

   It's the same story in Piano Technology as anywhere else:  The more you
learn, the more you realize that you don't know!

   So to the "sharers", thanks for giving so generously of your time and
knowledge.  To the "lurkers", let's hear from you more, and let's hear some
thanks to those who have helped you!

   If you are unwilling to help, that's your right.  So, don't respond to
queries.

   What I or anyone else does with comments made on this list is solely our
responsibility.  We are where the "rubber hits the road" regarding customer
service.  Hopefully , we will be able to give an educated response to any
inquiry we receive, even if that response is a referral to another tech.

Sincerely,
Tom Dickson

>From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
>To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
>Subject: Re: Discussion among Peers (was: Lighten Touch)
>Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:03:53 -0400
>
>Hello Bill, I have to largely agree with Brian here. While your post has
>much merit, I do not think it is my, your, or any of our responsibilities
>as
>to what is done with the information thrown out on this list. I believe it
>is up to each reader to understand and have a grasp of their own level of
>competence on some of these subjects.

(Snipped for brevity)