bridge pin material

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:41:42 -0500

> Furthermore, if the
>string offset is kept to 10 degrees, string deformation should not be
>a problem, especially since the string rarely moves at the bridge pin
>once a tuning is stabilized.

Ron O,

I let this one get past me, but it looks like something that fits in the
current meanderings, so I dragged it back out.

My current thinking is that strings ever really stop rendering across the
bridge. Any humidity swing will move the string up and down the pin and if
the string is moving vertically on one of it's major friction surfaces,
since the friction at the bridge top is negligible compared to the friction
at the pin, it should move horizontally (render) if a threshold tension
difference exists between segments on either side of the bridge. This
should be happening more or less constantly.

Ron N