S&S tuning pins...

Richard Brekne rbrekne@operamail.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:42:15 +0200

22.08.2001 18:47:25, antares <antares@EURONET.NL> wrote:

>Tuning pin bushings influence the tone, that is why Yamaha some years ago
>finally decided to not use tuning pin bushings anymore on their
>flagship..the CFIIIS.
>
>friendly greetings
>from
>
>Antares,

Anters Mio !!... :) Ok now you put your foot in it. This puts me back on the snuffs of this circle of sound thing I have heard a few times, and up to now its been
presented in such a way that it seems simply like something out of the book of the Templars or something.  However, there is often as not some element of truth in even
the strangest of legends they say.... so to the point.... just how do tuning pin bushings influence the tone of an instrument, and to what degree do they do so. And while
you are at it.. how does this influence on tone work into the discussion about open face vs closed face pin blocks ?

btw... good to "see" you again !

Richard Brekne