Poor Technician Workmanship Question (kinda long)

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 13:37:22 -0500

Hi Gina,
                Thank's for showing some clarity on how the system works.
Members rights committee, before the ethics committee?   The very name is
to imply the consumer is up against a brick wall.

If we are to be a truly proffessional organization.   We need a more direct
method of bringing consumer complaints to the organisation.   That group
being empowered to investigate immediately, and not get bogged down with
the members right's, before proceeding.

We need this to be 1. Effective at a local level. With the power to remove
or suspend a member for mal practice.
                             2. We need the organisation to take
responsibility for the actions of it's members.  A worth while cost in time
and effort for honorable people.
                             3. The National level committee's, should be
there to formulate a workable policy, and act as the final board of appeal.
 A committee spread all across the continent, is hardly in a position to
completely investigate such a complaint fairly and quickly.

If I appear angry, I am.   Having been ripped off so many times by RPT's.
With poor quality work, and sub standard ethics.  I am longing to see some
real policing of standards.

Because of the low quality of workmanship that I have experienced over the
years,   I made myself several promises.
1.  To train myself to do better, and to continually strive to improve.
Slowly I'm getting there, and the high bar is continually being raised
2.  To work and make sure that those around me share the same attitude.
3.  To share and exchange what little knowlege I have to effect
improvements. I think my actions speak for themself.
4.  Protect the consumer as well as humanly possible.  They are ulimately
our employers.

Sorry for my rant.
Roger