referall fees

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:55:03 -0500

Hi Terry,
              We do quite a few jobber type task, for pianos techs in the
area,  we give them a discount, but set the price that they charge the
customer for that portion of the work.   We have had a couple of
embarassing incidents where a tech has passed the discount on to the
customer, leaving us with egg on our face.   Needless to say we will not
accept jobs from these individuals.
Building a trusting working relationship with fellow techs is where it is
at.  We refer a lot of tunings to the field techs that we work with, and
take nothing,  how ever they refer complete rebuilds to us and recieve
nothing, other than they will do a warranty in home tuning that I pay full
price for.  We also will not poach that client under any circumstance.
It works well for us.  A good you scratch my back type of relationship.
Roger