stability of pitch raises

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:28:49 -0500

> I was taught to pitch correct (up or down) very
>quickly to keep the piano from "settling" out of tune.

We probably all were, but does it really make a difference to anything but
our hourly wage? Have any of you tried a sssssslllllooooooowwwww pitch
raise, either aurally or ETD driven, to see if the end result was
noticeably different? Hands?

> After following the
>thread on plate compression and soundboard movement, I'm thinking that
>almost all that occurs during the pitch correction.

Me too, regardless of whether the tuning computer is silicon or meat based.

Ron N