Fw: shellac sealer on plate yes yes yesYES

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 07:20:08 -0700

Very interesting post Mark Potter.  Once again it may have taken me =
another decade to think of that all by myself but I catch on quick after =
a long time!
     Thanks

   DAle Erwin

----- Original Message -----=20
From: bases-loaded@juno.com=20
To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 4:10 AM
Subject: Re: shellac sealer on plate yes yes yesYES

On Tue, 03 Jul 2001 21:43:09 -0700 "Diane Hofstetter" =
<dianepianotuner@hotmail.com> writes:
  Dale,

  Me too,  I offer up my gratitude to all who suggested shellac!
  After two coats of spray shellac, sanding in between all coats, and a =
coat of gold enamel, the fish-eyes are gone and tomorrow I can put the =
top clear coat on.  Whew!  =20

  Diane

  Hi Diane -

  I'm glad it worked out for you so well!  Yet another alternative for =
you would be to mix bronze powder right in with the shellac and use that =
as your finish, or at least as a primer/sealer coat that already has a =
bronze color.  I have done it many times with good results every time.  =
Use the palest color of shellac you can find, though, as a dark shellac =
will yield a darker gold color when mixed with the powder.

  Shellac is a finisher's right hand man.

  Mark Potter
  bases-loaded@juno.com
  =20