Factory muted duplex

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 17:15:50 -0500

>So...when I am about to chip-tune this Baldwin R I am now re-whatevering, I
>should leave out the factory-installed stringing braid that was once there?
>
>I did that with an 'M' that I re-strung last year, and the results were
>pleasing.
>
>Both the M and the R are the older aliquot-style.
>
>roo(k)

I have no idea what "the right thing" is, but rewhatevering or not, I'll
try it without the braid first, just to see what happens, and braid if it's
noisy. I tried leaving the braid out of a S&S D a few years ago, and it
groaned and wailed something awful. I put in the braid, and the Banshees
went away.

Ron N