EBVT Broadcast on Live Radio 7/14

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:28:06 EDT

List,

For those of you who are interested and able to tune in and find the
broadcast, The "What do ya Know? Show" which usually broadcasts live at 10 AM
CST will do so tomorrow at the regular time.  In some areas, this show is on
tape delay and may be broadcast on an FM channel.  The original broadcast is
on Public Radio International, an AM public Radio channel.  It is mostly a
talk radio station.

The "What do ya Know? Show" is a quick paced, comedy, variety and quiz show
whose host is the quick, witty, and sometimes sardonic humorist, Michael
Feldman, the radio equivalent of Groucho Marx.  The show is very entertaining
and features a Jazz trio which plays incidental music and interludes.  The
pianist is Madison's own John Thulin.

The piano is a Kawai R-O 5'7" Grand.  The usual technician is Mr. Daniel P.
Eberhardy RPT who is presently at the PTG Convention in Reno.  He usually
tunes the piano in a mild, Well-Tempered Tuning.  Since he is away, I was
asked to substitute for him. It was tuned in the EBVT with tempered octaves
this morning.  A custom, aural tuning, the kind I would present if I were at
the Convention was put on it.

It is my understanding that the show is broadcast all over the US, Canada and
Europe.  I hope as many of you as are able will be able to find it and hear
for yourselves the difference a mild, cycle of 5ths based temperament with
octaves that use the piano's own inharmonicity to ease the harshness of the
Pythagorean Comma can make.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin