EBVT Broadcast on Live Radio 7/14

Dale Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:26:21 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2001 1:13 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: EBVT Broadcast on Live Radio 7/14

 << (Partial quote) You could not have heard the EBVT in performance
last year even if I had come.  I was only given 45 minutes to play
intervals so you could hear how "weird" it sounds and laugh at it.  In
any case, I could not have come anyway
because I managed to sustain an injury June 25, 2000, that meant I could

barely work for quite a while.  I will have surgery for it in August and

should be at full strength come July 2002.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin  >>

Dear Mr. Bremmer,

Since I was the Institute Director in Arlington last year, I can say
that you were not invited to teach in order to give the students someone
to laugh at or ridicule. You were invited to teach a subject you are
passionate about in any manner you chose within the guidelines set for
_all_  instructors. During the time I served on the Institute Committee
we presented classes on alternative tunings every year and a Temperament
Festival in Providence. My partner and I tune alternative temperaments
often and have even lectured at recitals on their use.
 I am sorry you were unable to attend but I do wish to set the record
straight as to the reason you were invited. It is not my habit to
subject fellow members to ridicule.

Sincerely,
Dale
Dale Probst, RPT