bosendorfer research... 7'+ grands?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:25:06 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/01 3:02:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
grandrestorations@yahoo.com writes:

> I don't think I've actually spoken of it before, but I
> have wondered if there would be a nitch for a high end
> rebuilder specializing in 7' grands and larger.
>
> Seems that the market would be smaller, and the
> individual sales a much higher dollar figure, but I've
> wondered if such an enterprise would be in demand.
>
> (For all I know, there's probably a couple of people
> doing just that and I haven't realized it yet.)

There is a man in St. Louis who does nothing but rebuild Steinway and Mason &
Hamlin reproducers, and only if they are fancy cases or 6'4 or longer. He
doesn't advertise but has a world wide reputation. He charges top dollar for
his instruments and keeps very busy.

Willem