Grand truck wheels

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:12:53 -0400

Today I tuned for a performance and the tread on the wheels of the truck were
breaking apart.  This is a gray plastic wheel with a red phenol tread.  I
broke the
remaining tread off so the piano can be rolled into position tomorrow. I spoke
with Jansen and they told me that they never sold wheels with red tread and
that
they were a cheap import from someone else. He said I was the third or
fourth call
inquiring into this problem. They do have replacement assemblies for $25.

I don't recall where I obtained the wheels. Any clues? I checked my records
to no avail.

The truck is not that old and I'm sure some supplier is in for some
aggravation.

Ridin' on the rims...
Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.