Hello Seattle

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@home.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:00:31 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Nossaman <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 8:13 PM
Subject: Hello Seattle

> Hello Pacific Northwest,
> Just wondering if our Seattle area people are all right after the quake.
>
> Ron N

Ron et al,
Don't know how my colleagues faired today, but I can tell you I for one did
not like that shake, rattle, and roll  diversion we had around 11:00 AM. My
gig for the day was stuffing  an action back in a B for a rather large
church here in the Bellevue area. When the earthquake began I immediately
thought of the picture of the Steinways on the PTG Journal that took the
brunt of heavy beams collapsing from the roof and SURVIVED!  Soooo, I bailed
underneath the piano and remained there for what seemed like an eternity
waiting for the motion to stop. Definitely got my adrenaline going for the
day! I sure hope my compatriots were safe and sound as well.
Joseph Alkana