splicing bass strings

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 07:43:37 -0600

> I should think there was a tad more mass in the copper per knot unit section.
>
>Terry Farrell

Depends on core and wrap gages, and how much wrap is removed. In practice,
I can't say I've noticed any tuning differences beyond the usual mismatch
disconfrugalties found in a lot of new strings. That is, unless a whole lot
of wrap is removed. As far as practical considerations go, Tony's list is
more realistic, so there's probably no need to work up a copper per knot
unit section formula. I do like the term though. <G>

Ron N