upright pedal extenders

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:00:15 +0100

Cant help you with your problem but you reminded me of a weird one I ran into a
few weeks back. A Jacob Knudsen piano made here in Bergen .... school
modifications of a very creative fashion....

They had decided to put some nice big wheels on this puppy... and and the same
time make them look good... so instead of these transport type assemblies... you
know the type that dont raise the piano much more then a quarter inch or so...
The installed these monsters right to the underside of the piano...

Course this caused the pedals to be about 12 feet off the ground....(actually
more like 5 inches or so)  so they had cut the pedal just where it comes out,
and welded a big peice of brass to make an extension downwards...welded the
pedal onto that again... so the foot was at the usual distance from the floor...
neat enough... worked reasonably well but did put a lot of stress on the
hinges..

Only one problem with all of this... and I wonder if they didnt notice this
until it was too late and so decided to let it go... The keysboard....
oppppsss.. Really uncomfortable having to reach up to play... or stretch so far
down with the foot after adjusting the seat up...

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.