FFT understanding.

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 00:21:13 +0100

With regard to the recent posts about ETD displays, and the
lengthy somewhat technical response of Ron N. several folks have
emailed me wondering what on earth he was talking about.  Needing
and wanting more understanding myself (grin...as it seems likely
I am going to have to attempt to write a program on my own) I
started poking around and found an interesting tutorial on the
FFT. It seems fairly complete for those wanting an introduction
to what the FFT is, and some of the basic useages for it. Lots of
goodies included.

ANYone who is interesting in getting a basic handle...and perhaps
a bit more then just that... on this interesting bit of how ETD's
work should take a look at this web site and perhaps down load
the package. As far as I can tell it is free.. but I am not
certain yet. Check it out.

http://www.steema.com/FFTProp/FFTProperties/FFTProperties.htm

Have fun.
--