What do you tell... + a true story

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 13:37:55 EST

In a message dated 3/3/2001 12:03:00 PM Central Standard Time,
kam544@flash.net writes:

<< The lesson I learned here is, don't go doing unnecessary service work,
 however minor, on someone else's property, thinking you're going to be a
 hero and appreciated, until you clear it with the owner/player.  Otherwise,
 it could very well be a huge disservice. >>

Keith and all:
This is a really important point. It goes to the heart of what we do, and
don't do enough. Communicate with our customers! Even though bad news (a
needed repair, a full restoration, etc.) is difficult sometimes to get across
to our customers, that's essentially what they're paying us for--direct
communication about something they know little about. Better more information
than less, as long as it is as clear as possible (this requires work), and
contains possible solutions, painful as they may be. It really requires
engaging our clients; in the long run, they'll appreciate it even if they
don't show it now, and we will be doing our jobs more fully. Thanks, Keith.
PR-J