$450.00 Bass strings???????

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 07:43:29 -0800

  Hi Bill Can I make a suggestion I'll Intersperse below

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Ballard" <yardbird@vermontel.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2001 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: $450.00 Bass strings???????

> Another solution to the problem of poorly copied bass strings sets is
> to mount the original and the copied set, alternating, on a steel
> rod. That way you can quickly pick out the bum copies, and if you
> budget for it (and possibly strike a deal with the string winder)
> have him make you replacements for the bums (at a price which you and
> he may agree on).

        Bill. why should I have to pay for any bum strings. I don't wish to
telephone
 wrestle any bass string maker . what a waste of time. The fact that your
considering this alternative at all tells me this might be a common
frustration.  Please check my recent post on price comparisons.  Then do the
right thing for yourself.   Trust me I know old habits die hard but you'll
thank me later!!

> Which is what I'm going to do with this upcoming set for the
> Steinert. I'll also find out how the cost of the re-done strings plus
> my time to find the bum copies compares to the $8/string set.

     Check my price comparison post.