Yamaha U2

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:04:20 -0800

The U2 model was never sold new here in the USA, so this is a "gray-market" piano.
For the USA market, we sold several models of upright pianos that had only two pedals.  Although Yamaha grands for all markets now have three pedals we have never sold a grand here in the USA with only two pedals.

"Did Yamaha have to discontinue the model after Bono filed a copyright infringement lawsuit?"

Nah.....Yamaha named the U2 after the spy plane, so........no problem!

Mark Wisner
Piano Service
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com