'C' fork users only (inferior 'A' fork users need not apply)

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:35:50 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Barrie Heaton <piano@a440.co.uk>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: 'C' fork users only (inferior 'A' fork users need not apply)

> I use
> C up to E
> C down to G check G with E

what should the check sound like?  --ric

 G up to D
 Tune A to D and    check with E (and with a fork if you wish)
 Tune B to E and    check B with G
 Tune F# to B and    check F# with D and G
 Tune C# to F# check C# with A
 Tune G# to C# and check G# with C
 Tune D#  to G#  check D# with B
 Tune A# to D# and check A# with D
 Tune F to A# and check F with C and C# and with G#

 I then tune F# below as my first octave, I have been using this scale
 since 1976 why change if it works for you.

 I have a Sanderson Accu-fork but I only use it for 100 cent pitches or
 if I am tuning to "B"  I prefer the sound and taste of Johnny Walker.

 Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©              http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/