Grey Market Pianos? (OT)

Wed, 07 Mar 2001 05:29:03 -0600

Graeme,
At 21:21 03/07/2001 +1300, you wrote:

>One advantage though ...... being on the underside of the world makes pianos
>lighter for moving.(less gravity) LOL.
>
>Graeme Harvey
>New Plymouth
>New Zealand

I hate to burst your inverted bubble, but I seem to recall from geology
classes that, owing to earth's ovoid (vs:spheroid) shape and the southern
hemisphere actually being larger than the northern, the gravitational
constant is larger in your neighborhood.

The folks in Singapore [1° N] should have it the easiest - everything
slides sideways, right??  I do recall that it was easy to slide out of the
Raffles after a few slings...;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(319)-387-1204  //  Fax (319)-387-1076(Dept.office)

Education is the best defense against the media.