Inadvertent pitch raise with SAT III

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:20:22 -0500

> No, this means that the partial that SAT is listening to is
> 8 or more cents sharp.  The fundamental should be right on!

Welllll, not exactly.

If you really need to have the piano on exact pitch then go up to A4
after calculating FACs and tune it to the SAT.  Then change to the
Tune mode (no inh offset) and check the pitch.  If you need to adjust
Cents to get the lights to stop then look at the final number.  You
can then recalculate the FACs while adding (or reducing) this amount
(opposite numbers) and let the SAT recalculate the tuning.  THen when
you tune you will be exactly, perfectly on pitch.  A lot of work for
very little return but if you want that extra little bit this is the
way to get it.

Ok, now that everyone is confused I will go back to bed.

		Newton