future of the acoustic piano

Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:17:13 +0100

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> Come now, Richard. You don't recognize sarcasm when you read it? Of course I
> agree with Stephen. I've been saying and writing the same thing for years.
> To an audience with mostly deaf ears, I'm afraid.
>
> Del

Grin... of course I do... and I thought your post was great...besides... I cant
imagine you have anything but the greatest respect for Stephen. I just couldnt
help taking the opportunity to have a little fun. I am not nearly so melodramtic
in real life.

I dont every one turns the deaf ear to these thoughts. I certainly dont, but I
think it may be difficult to change things if one first is to be serious for a
moment. The inertia of an entire industry is a hard thing to push around.  I am
just glad that out there on the peripheraries there are folks like you and our
two Rons, and others that may or may not be listening trying to push in other
directions. That leads right into a rather curious and interesting phenomena
that seems to be emerging.... the resurection of the local piano builder /
rebuilder.  Seems fairly evident, at least here in Europe... that something is
going on in that camp.

Have a good one :)

--
Richard Brekne