future of the acoustic piano

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:46:41 -0800 (PST)

I agree with you Richard.  I personally like pianos
that were made in the 1910s and earlier.  My 56" 1913
Ricca & Son, although it needs to be restored (new
hammers/action felts/dampers/keytops (well they're
ivory maybe I should try to bleach them), new strings)
sounds excellent, even better than some new pianos.

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>