future of the acoustic piano

RustRazor@AOL.COM RustRazor@AOL.COM
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:56:46 EST

birketts@wright.aps.uoguelph.ca writes:

<<  I am watching a Glen Cambell fundraising telecast for South Dakota PBS
 > recorded in Sioux Falls in a highly touted hall, Washington Pavillion.  He
 > is in front of the full South Dakota Symphony Orchestra. The piano player
 > is playing a digital keyboard.  Sounds as good as you can imagine or want.
 > I listen as close as I can and cannot tell it is electronic.  Sorry to say
 > it sounds good enough that I don't care if it is or isn't "real".
 > Couldn't see a brand name.  Sounded especially good accompanying bag pipes
 > (Glen playing them) (in Eb of all keys) >>

I would like to point out that you were hearing the piano through a TV
speaker.  I suggest that if you were to be in the same room as the digital
piano and a nice 6' or better acoustic piano, comparing the two, you might
change your opinion.

-Matt in NY